Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Getting Ready For the First Weigh In

With less than a week until our first weigh in, I'm sure we are all feeling a bit anxious to get the ball rolling. Just a few things to remember to keep in mind about the weigh in. Consistency with the weigh in is key. Try to weigh in at about the same time each Monday. Also, try to wear the same type of attire when you weigh in. Whether you be fully fitted for a run with the SAME shoes on for the duration of the 16 weeks, or getting ready to step into the shower in your birthday suit, be consistent. The scale also needs to be consistent. Whether you weigh in atPublix Grocery Store (for the Florida locals), or your personal scale in the privacy of your bathroom, use the same scale for the entire competition if possible. Last, if you are using a digital scale, I will take decimals. Especially if it's a .1 lb weight loss that is going to keep you motivated.

Unapproved Scales:
The celebrity scale: Who does your weight compare to?
The animal scale: Which animal do you match up to?...
The Toilet Scale: I don't think this is measuring exactly what we are looking for.


Sixteen weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things and I know we'll look back so glad that we made this commitment and stuck to it. I'm also excited that this is happening over the summer when there is so many options of activities to take advantage of to keep us active.

I was planning on using the blog to comment to one another on a weekly 'how are you doing' post to ask each other for advice, give helpful tips, etc. Question: Would you rather have a formal diet forum to set up a group and communicate? Sonia had suggested setting up a team at sparkpeople.com or you can set up a team at biggestloserleague.com. Or we can keep it simple with this blog. Let me know if that's something you want.

3 comments:

  1. Keeping it simple sounds great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the blog is set up. I like that there are tips on the side of the page and i'm sure we can all communicate easily through the comment section of the blog-keeping it simple is my philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been simple-minded, and I like it that way. LOL

    Bryan

    ReplyDelete